Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer is officially here

and I've been spending lots of time in the garden . . . weeding and planting and moving things around. We also went to Morton Arboretum recently.

It was a hot and sticky day and being that it was our first time there . . . we weren't sure how things worked and how the park is laid out. We ended up exploring only about 1/3 of the grounds so we'll definitely have to plan another day to go back again! It's a wonderful place and they have really great gardens for kids to explore. There was this pond in one part of the childrens' garden where I manage to get this awesome picture of some waterlilies . . .



We also went through a maze garden and in the middle they had an open tree house where I managed to take this picture . . .

















Even though it was really hot, we did manage to hike one of the trails and along the way we encountered this little guy . . .




















All in all it was a really fun day! I collected a small bunch of several different pinecones that I happened to find on the ground throughout the day . . .


I hope to be going back again and explore some more real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think. Although I may not get back to you right away . . . please know that I do read every comment and appreciate them very much. Hope to see you again soon!