Saturday, August 23, 2008

My First Post

I just signed up for this today and want to see how it works.

I'm hoping to post some of my art work and get my thoughts about it written down so that I'll able to look back at what I did and how I accomplished it. It seems that the art I create and like is when I don't have a plan at all and just pick two or three colors of acrylic paint and start to play. That's how this painting came to be . . .




















The picture looks washed out because of the glare at the top created by the gel medium used to adhere the sheet music. (Photography's not my thing really) It was painted on gesso primed 140 lb. watercolor paper and measures 12 X 17 1/2. My favorite part, of course, is the pear which you can see in detail here . . .





















I really love the colors here . . . the blues, lime and yellows are one of my favorite combinations of colors of late. Crackling medium is something that I like to use to create texture on an otherwise flat surface and for backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think. Although I may not get back to you right away . . . please know that I do read every comment and appreciate them very much. Hope to see you again soon!