Monday, August 25, 2008

Thoughts for today . . .

Been trying to clean out old stuff . . . in the "studio" and on the computer. Came across one of several quilts I still haven't finished yet. This one is intended to be a wall hanging or "art quilt" of a kimono.
























It is on the smaller side . . . measuring 40 X 45 inches approximately so I could just stitch it on the machine. I guess I'm still not quite sure of the motifs I'd like to do so still it sits unfinished. Besides, I do have yet another quilt that is almost completed. (I still have to decide on the border I'd like to use) That one is much bigger though measuring 80 X 100 inches and the biggest quilt yet that I have undertaken. I have a picture of it here . . .



















It's been sitting unfinished for atleast a year now. Since it's almost September, I'm starting to think about quilting again. I should try to finish it before that really bitter cold weather sets in. I know this one's gonna keep me nice and warm too! I do have a couple of other quilts that are still unfinished as well.

There are also 3 that I have finished and some other smaller pieces and wall hangings that I have done. I'll have to post pictures of those as well, but for now, I'm getting tired and want to wind down for the night. It's been an exhausting day . . . standing in line at the college with Ian so he can get his classes and schedule together and getting books 'n such. So . . . until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think. Although I may not get back to you right away . . . please know that I do read every comment and appreciate them very much. Hope to see you again soon!