Thursday, November 13, 2008

Going to the Quilt Expo tomorrow

I love going to the Quilt Shows! There's one in the spring at the Stevenson Center and one in the fall at the Schaumburg Convention Center. Being that it's getting much colder outside, I'm once again thinking of the quilts I need to finish. I also like the fact that they can be displayed as art. Although, I love painting on canvas and have a few pieces displayed throughout the house, my favorite is the art quilt I made from a kit. It's called Moonlit Garden and is hung in my living room. Here are a few photos . . .








I think this quilt is the greatest piece of art I've made . . . even if the design was someone else's. The quilting was done by me on the machine and is very dense throughout the entire quilt. I just love the colors and everything about it! So I'm excited about going to the show tomorrow and looking forward to it! At least it will keep my mind off of the Designer Finder Contest as the week 3 assignment will be posted late tomorrow night and it's making me nervous just thinking about what that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think. Although I may not get back to you right away . . . please know that I do read every comment and appreciate them very much. Hope to see you again soon!