Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Blog hopping

I'm having so much fun blog hopping and seeing so many creative, talented artists all because of OWOH.  I see something on one site and I'll remember a scarf that I knitted . . . or those soaps I tried to make . . . or that cross stitch project that's been on hold for who remembers how long now.  But I also have in the back of my mind that CED's theme this month is home and maybe I should be concentrating on cleaning and organizing my home.

I started the day trying to organize my craft/studio space and just when I think I'm making progress, I remember that I need to wash the bed sheets and sweep the floors of all those dust bunnines and vacuum in the living room.  So the organizing of my "studio" space gets put on the back burner.  Then I look at the time and realize I've got to go pick up the little one from school soon.  When I get home, I'll have to start to think about what I'm gonna make for dinner.  I guess I should just wait 'til the morning to start back in the "studio" again.

I did come across 2 things that I would like to finish though . . .

The first is a doll that I made using the beginner's pattern in Creative Cloth Doll Making by Patti Medaris Culea.  She sits on a shelf high above me all the time in my studio and I really don't pay much attention to her.  She's pretty much done except for the fact that her clothing needs to be sewn down as she's got pins all over her keeping it in place right now.  I call her my Earth doll and this is what she looks like . . .


I wasn't pleased with the way her hands turned out so maybe that's why I just never finished her.  I did go to all the trouble of cutting up the fabric and lace to make up her garment that I really should just take 1/2 an hour of so and tack it down.

The other was a little art quilt that I started a while back.  The base is a left over quilt block that I started stamping and painting on as an experiment with some of the techniques I read about in Quilting Arts Magazine.  I just didn't get very far and never finished it as well.  This is what I have so far . . .




















I think this is what I'm going to finish as my CED challenge this month and incorporate the "home" theme into it.  Well  . . . it's just about time to go get the little one . . .

Hopefully I'll have more time for blog hopping again this evening . . . or maybe I'll summon up the energy to work on and finish one of the projects above.

Hope you're all enjoying OWOH!  I know I am!

Until next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Oh Connie Girl,,,,I Love your doll and your quilt,,,,cut yourself some slack! It will all fall into place. I create things that I think are "almost" done, only to look at them for several weeks and think how I am going to "tweak" them a bit!

    Life can get in the way of our creations,,,,,and kids/family come first! I put it all on the back burner for YEARS (Decades) to work and raise my family.......So just live in the here and now. And, explore your creative energies as you have time!

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog,,,I appreciate and support you my dear!
    Shell
    Washington State

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think. Although I may not get back to you right away . . . please know that I do read every comment and appreciate them very much. Hope to see you again soon!