It's been raining off and on for the past 4 or 5 days here so I haven't had much time to get anything done in the garden. I was able to work on and put together the Garden Journal that I've been wanting to do since last year. I'm really happy with the results too!
I had a 3 ring binder that I bought last year along with dividers and page protectors for the main pages. I used 6 x 9 envelopes and punched holes in them to put all the packets of seeds that I have. I also wrote the name of the seeds on that particular envelope so that they would be easier to find. I divided the binder and used separate envelopes for the different types of seeds . . . annuals, perennials, herbs, vegetables, etc.
I found this website called Homestead Garden that has templates to print for the main pages. After printing the main template, I then reinserted the pages into the printer and took a number of the many garden and flower photos that I have, set the opacity to about 25 or 30 percent and printed a background on the pages. I then was able to write any particulars and information on the page and soon my journal is chock full of terrific information and hopes and dreams for my garden! I'm really happy to have started this and it was a fun way to pass the time.
This morning I had a bit of a surprise while taking my stroll in the garden . . .
At first I thought that it was a slug, but upon closer look and consulting with hubby, we decided that it was a snail!! That's the first time I've seen one in my garden . . .