I started with a 12" x 12" sheet of linen acrylic paper and just started using up the paint that was stored in my palette from last week's painting session. I started light with the yellows and then added brown to the edge and spritzed alcohol here and there to "move" the paint. Then I used green paint over a stencil and had to let it dry for a bit. I scraped in some white lines with an old credit card and also scraped off the edges to get other areas of white. Finally, I took a charcoal pencil and traced some of the lines from the stencil. Here's what I got:
After dinner, I decided that I would try to work some more on this. At one point I put some leaf green paint and Jacquard Lumiere in pearl white on my palette paper and took the brayer to it and put that on the painting as well. Then I decided that I wanted to stamp some leaf images with the pearl white paint, but it didn't show up very well on the painting. Instead, out of frustration, I started stamping the pallette and it looked so cool that I took a picture of that instead. Here's what my "happy" accident looks like:
I'm gonna let this dry and tomorrow will see about adhering it with gel medium to the painting as another layer and continue working on it. Hopefully, I'll have something more and interesting to show you again tomorrow.
Until then . . . enjoy!