Monday, January 4, 2010

It's Official . . . the holidays are over

Yesterday was such an exhausting day . . . we had my hubby's family Christmas party and didn't get home until 10:30 pm and the little guy started back at school today. Everyone's been pretty tired and cranky here today. I did managed to get most of the inside decorations taken down and now it's just a matter of getting all that stuff back into the boxes and then stored away. The tree is no more . . . well sort of . . . hubby decided that he would keep the tree for a bit longer so he propped it up in a snow bank in the back yard.




I'm sure with one good windy day it will toppel over anyway.

I was able to take some photographs of some of the collections . . . here's all but one of the nativity sets that I have . . .




Starting the left . . . the tallest is my latest find and that's the one I've been using under the big tree in the living room . . . the ceramic one, hubby found and liked so I put it on the window sill in the kitchen. The glass one was a present from my grandmother and I've had it for many years now . . . probably a good 15 years. I use that one under the smaller tree that we put up in the family room. The one on the right is a Precious Moments version that I bought maybe 10 years ago. I was using it under the main tree for quite a number of years. I've been wanting to use it outside so that I could have a nativity scene outdoors too, but I'm afraid someone might take off with it . . . and I don't have a proper stable for it either.

There is one other nativity scene that I have but it's packed away in a box that we didn't even open this year. It's one that my mother gave to me and was used when I was a little girl so I know it's atleast 40 years old and very fragile by now.

Well . . . I'm gonna go for now and try to create something since I haven't had time yet today to create. I just have to decide wether I should continue with my SNL kit or try drawing some more for that new painting I'll be doing for the CED 2010!

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think. Although I may not get back to you right away . . . please know that I do read every comment and appreciate them very much. Hope to see you again soon!