Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Word for the Year

So, yesterday I mentioned that I would be doing the exercises to find out what my word of the year would be. Well, I have done them and feel confident that I have found mine! I know this was the word for me because it was the basis of everything that I felt was hindering me from doing certain creative projects. I realized that everything negative that I have been feeling and what keeps me from wanting and having the energy to pursue a more creative life is not feeling healthful.

Since I quit smoking 5 years ago, I have struggled and put on a few more pounds than I care to admit. There was a time that I was exercising by walking or riding the bike and I was even doing Pilates and yoga as well. I got fustrated because I felt that instead of losing weight . . . which the scale told me that I wasn't . . . I was bulking up instead. When I look at pictures of me just 2 short years ago, I definitely looked slimmer even though the scale didn't say so. Right now I have no exercise routine at all and it sure doesn't help that the weather outside is so cold!

Sure . . . there are also those excuses of all the things I need to do on a daily basis and all the people who rely on me to help them out and do certain chores around the house, but when I struggle to keep my eyes open and feel tired all the time, it's tough to summon up the energy for anything but just getting through the day. It's a bad cycle that I need to break so I can have the energy I need and feel like I want to create something.

So my word for the year is healthful. Everything I eat, drink and do, will be to benefit my physical and mental health. I know I can do this! I know I will feel much better and have more energy when I do so!

As far as creating today, I did manage to make some background papers for my SNL kit and I was able to do some sketching. This is just a preliminary sketch for the painting I'm going to be doing for the "body" theme for this month's CED2010 challenge . . .

























For a first sketch . . . I don't think it's all that bad.

Well, it's getting late so I'm off for now . . .

'Til tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think. Although I may not get back to you right away . . . please know that I do read every comment and appreciate them very much. Hope to see you again soon!